Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank you to all who have died in service to our nation.

I would like to take this opportunity in the spirit of Memorial Day, to thank all of the men and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country.  It is because of your sacrifice that my children and I are able to enjoy the freedoms that we are given in the United States.  I may not agree with many people's political or personal views but I appreciate that in this country we are able to freely express them without fear of reprisal.  I also appreciate that we can choose our elected officials and do not live in an autocratic society where decisions are made without any input from the populace.  I have much to be thankful for the sacrifices these men and women have made.

Before you start that barbecue, please remember that today is more than just a day off.  There is history behind the day and we should remember what the day is really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment