Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!

I have to admit that I approached today with a little bit of trepidation.  I am 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  While the day is not "officially" over yet, I was a little nervous about having my baby today. I am not exactly sure I want my baby born on Friday the 13th.  I know that it is probably an irrational thing to think about but all of those horror movies really have left an impression on me regarding the date.  Why does this date on the calendar cause such a negative feeling?  I found some interesting bits of trivia regarding Friday the 13th.  I've linked the articles below:

13 Freaky Facts About Friday the 13th
(I got the coolest bit of trivia from this link:  "This year is a special one for Friday the 13ths: There are three of them: Jan. 13, April 13 and July 13. The freaky thing? The dates fall exactly 13 weeks apart. That hasn't happened since 1984.")

Statistically Speaking, is Friday the 13th Really Unlucky?

10 Reasons Why the Number 13 is Unlucky

13 Strange Things that Happened on Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th:  13 Superstitions Explained

13 Incredibly Lucky Earth Facts




No comments:

Post a Comment