Saturday, July 14, 2012

What I'm Going to Miss About Being Pregnant...

As I'm nearing the end of my second (and probably last) pregnancy, there are a few things that I will actually miss about the whole experience.  There have been more than a few bumps in the road on this journey like nausea and vomiting in the first trimester, bad reflux, "growing pains," gestational diabetes (having to be on a "diet" since 16 weeks SUCKS), and slowly rising blood pressure with daily monitoring in these last few weeks.  Despite these "bumps," pregnancy is such a fascinating experience that there will be more things that I will miss about it than not.
  • Getting creative with my baby bump.
Yes, I am a Rockies fan (much to the chagrin of my husband).
  • It's the only time in my life I can wear a bikini and not be embarrassed by my not-so-flat tummy.
I need a tan!
  • Having a portable "table" with me at all times.
  • Strangers offering me their seats on public transportation.
  • Random conversations with people (especially the elderly) about my pregnancy.
  • "Stork" or "Expectant Mother's" Parking
  • My two-year old pointing at my belly saying "mommy's baby" and then pointing to his belly and his "baby."
  • Sympathetic glances from other pregnant women.
  • Watching with fascination the changes occurring in my body.
    • The enhanced cleavage is a definite bonus.
    • My complexion has never been this good.
My Bump Weeks 7-37
  • Having a clean belly button
  • Feeling the baby move and kick inside of me.
  • Trying to figure out what body part is protruding from my belly.
  • Having the baby safely with me at all times.
  • Knowing that I am creating a whole new human being is a very powerful thing.
Is there anything that I've missed?  What are some of the things that you miss about being pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment